Monday, October 8, 2012

The dental calculus removal leading to periodontitis

Hello everyone !ჰ❛‿❛ჴHello❤

I'm Naomi , a Japanese dental hygienist.

Today, I show you the case of scaling & root planing, there are 3.5mm of periodontal pocket. 

At first, I show the x-ray. Please, look at the 48. 



I look in a pocket.


Look! I found the calculus in the distal surface.
Depth of the pockets is around 3.5mm.


I open a pocket and spread a little more and confirm it.


 I confirm root surface in the pocket with a micro mirror.
There are many calculus.


I remove calculus while watching a micro mirror.


I got it a little! A little more.


I got it!
I confirm a pocket bottom by all means in the last of measures.


I finish it with a hand scaler in the last.


Finished!!
I call those case “Preventive Scaling”  


It is comparison between size. A pencil, a micro mirror, a mirror.

I think that the dental microscope will change an oral hygienist's history.

♡o。(๑◕ฺ‿ฺ◕ฺ๑)。o♡naomi